Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Knitting

I am about half finished with the Green and Brown Striped Scarf, Big Version.  I will have to order some green yarn so that I can finish it.
I tinked (that means un-knitted--see, tink is knit spelled backwards) the art sock, but I will keep it hidden shamefully for now.  That makes me sad.
I've placed the anne hanson sweater aside for now, as I want to concentrate on Holiday Knitting!
I am knitting the Big Snowy Owl, courtesy of purl bee.  Is it not adorable?  Bonus--I have all the yarn, except for a light gray.
I think the girls might like this cowl, and it appears to use about 200 yards of yarn, which should knit up quickly. And I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up some odds and ends, and found a ton of yarn ON SALE.  Wonderful navies and blues and creams, perfect for making cowls and scarves. 
I wanted to knit some winter white cable pillows for the holidays, but instead I may use some thrifted white cable sweaters and SEW them.

Sewing

I finished the curtains I was reworking for Oldest Son.  We (the curtains and I) had quite the battle, but I won.  Geez.  Nothing else to report this week.

Anti-Procrastination Day

Today I am making phone calls.  I hate talking on the phone.  But I need to make some appointments and follow-up on some issues. 

No comments: