Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday, October 3, 2011


Grandbuddy Day:

Today we played with the ball, working on running and kicking the ball, throwing it two-handed and we even laid on our backs and kicked the ball with our feet.  That was a good workout for both of us.  We especially worked out our laugh muscles.
We drew, and played with Play-Doh, and watched some TV.
We ate spaghetti and meatballs, and had a chocolate milkshake.
We played with the dominoes, doing some matching.
We read books and sang songs.
I went in my office for a moment and he called me--"Grandma, where are you?" "I'm here in my office." "Oh.  You're being quiet."  "Yeah, I guess I am."  "Grandma, are you pooping?"

Books:

I finished reading Einstein's Refrigerator.  It was very entertaining!
I also read My Heart Remembers.  It was very sweet and heartwarming.  I may be reading more of Kim Vogel Sawyer's books. 
I started reading The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.  I read her book, The House at Riverton, and enjoyed it very much.  Her writing makes me feel very dreamy and creative. 

Movies:

We saw Contagion and enjoyed it very much.  It was an interesting story, especially in light of this past season of H1N1 virus.  (Hope another one like that doesn't come around.  That was a booger.)  We both loved the acting/actors.  Some of the storylines were a little off or annoying, but overall it was an enjoyable evening.
We watched Sorrell and Son, all six episodes over the course of two evenings.  It was very, very good.  If you like post WWI British dramas, this one is for you.
We've also been watching Reilly: Ace of Spies.  We just finished Disc 3, and are moving through Disc 4.  This is probably the third or fourth time we are watching this series.  It is that good.
Tonight we are watching Frankenstein.  I am also listening to Frankenstein on The Classic Tales Podcast by B.J. Harrison.  If you like to listen to audiobooks, do listen to him. 

No comments: