Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall is coming!

Fall is coming, I know it is. I actually woke up this morning and it was chilly in the house. It may have been 100 degrees one day this week, but when I came out of work Friday morning, I didn't need my sunglasses. We had a lovely thunderstorm during the night, and everything smelled all wet and warm. The sky was clear and it was definitely darker than usual. The weather lady announced on the radio that the sun would be coming up shortly. Yes, fall is coming. I do love to decorate my house for the fall and winter holidays. I pulled out many of my fall decorations and here is what they look like: The rust and blue Imari plate and cup, and the rust porcelain leaves join the blue and white porcelain pot. (The cachepot is crying out for a big rust chrysanthemum.)
I draped the dining room table with a tablecloth, and placed the large maroon urn in the center with some fall branches, and plopped the grapevine pumpkins at either end.
The mantel is sporting some ceramic pumpkins and berry branches.
My cheapo wrought iron baker's rack is full of warmer fall colored decor. I love those plates.
The little red Asian console with its crooked candleholder and the blue and white pots has tiny candle pumpkins, artfully arranged by Grandbuddy.
A little bit of fall. Soon we will decorate for Halloween. I'm hoping to get Grandbuddy to help me.

No comments: