Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Knitting--

Still chugging along on the knitting. I finished the knitted scarf for Grandbuddy, no pic. I cannot find the dark brown yarn anywhere in town, so will order a skein online. Ugh.

The Art Sock has a fatal flaw. I didn't even see it until I looked at the photo. I got off-pattern while I was concentrating on the annoying increasing for the heel and decreasing for the top of the foot, as well as concentrating on the put-these-stitches-on-a-holder-and-then-continue-to-maintain-pattern. Apparently it was too much for my pea-sized brain. And the whole project seems to be just rather annoying at this time. I am contemplating just frogging the whole thing, or, tinking back and making tube socks. I still have sock #2 to do, too. It's looking bleaker and bleaker that even one sock will ever be finished.

It's not like the flaw isn't obvious.


My Highlander is going nowhere fast or slow.

*************************************************************************************
Sewing


Redwork embroidery--the pillow, a little bit at a time.




I started a new project, too--The Red Cross pillow. I saw one online and just thought it would be perfect. Not only does it feed my burlap obsession, but it also nods to my nursing career. I made a waxed paper stencil, and the durn waxed paper wouldn't stick to the burlap, so used my handy-dandy spray adhesive. The stencil and paint part took, seriously, ten minutes.




I have been spending a lot of time at the sewing machine. Daughter-in-law wanted a stripe added to her curtains to lengthen them. Each panel is taking about two hours. Two down, two to go.
Here is a picture of the curtains and the gray fabric that DIL chose. Isn't it pretty?




Baby Son's quilt. Well. It's ready for sewing machine action. Major motivation problem.

************************************************************************************

Gardening

I planted about 15 feet of green beans and a small hill of zucchini and yellow squash. Not much to show now except dirt, weeds and a bunch of struggling tomato and pepper plants.

I did transplant six mums into some of the big empty pots. Hope to get out and buy some more to transplant before I go back to work for another nine-day grind.

No comments: