Sunday, September 11, 2011

Holiday Grand Plan Week Three

It is Week Three of the Holiday Grand Plan. Link to the page on the Holiday Grand Plan Site. Here is my plan for this week: Welcome to Week Three of the Holiday Grand Plan: Entry/Foyer Week!
This week, we tackle deep-cleaning and decluttering our entryway or foyer, to create a welcoming home for holiday guests. Holiday prep chores focus on baking and kitchen as we plan our baked goodies and start stocking up for holiday meals.
I can't believe it's all ready time to start baking. This will be a good time to start looking for that small chest freezer I want to buy. As far as deep cleaning the entryway, I will get out the ladder and clean the knickknacks in the front door window, wash the window, clean the glass on the light fixtures, and wax the entryway furniture. I also want to recover the seats on the chairs and replace the pillows. I will add some seasonal decorative items as well.
Holiday Prep: * Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
I will start with the Snickerdoodles. They freeze well.
* Buy two canned food items from Menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive). * Keep 2 boxes in a pantry area or storage place to put these in so that they are not used in everyday cooking - make sure to label them so that when food drives start your holiday supply stays intact and the food drive gets the food purchased for it.
I will buy green beans, mushroom soup and Durkee's french fried onion rings for the green bean casserole. I purchase extras for the box. I also need to set up a box in the pantry. *
Buy all supplies for homemade gifts. Package each project with directions and other information in zipper food storage bag and place in a basket or box in craft/sewing area
.
Clearly, I have a lot of work to do here. I still need to decide what projects if any I am going to do.

No comments: