Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Revisiting the Blue Jean Quilt

I have been working on this blue jean quilt for many years, more than I care to admit. I made a quilt for my two older children when they graduated from high school, but I have never finished the one for my youngest son. I know it will turn out to be a really lovely and interesting quilt, but it is just one of those projects I am having trouble motivating myself to complete. So I am writing about it, in hopes that I can motivate myself through confession.


I can do this. As Flylady says, "Fifteen minutes a day."

I hemmed a pair of pants for my daughter today. Here is a tutorial I recommend for the method I use to hem pants.

I also worked a bit on the redwork pillow.


1 comment:

kay said...

You can do it! Finish it! You just inspired me to start on my jean quilt. I thought I was the first to think of such a special gift...I guess I just reinvented the wheel. My first son just went away to college and I thought a cool jean quilt made from his old jeans would be a nice connection to home and family.