Sunday, August 28, 2011

Holiday Grand Plan Starts Today

For many years, I have followed the Holiday Grand Plan. It not only helps me prepare for the fall and winter holidays, but it also helps me clean my house.

It takes a while to set up, but it is well worth the effort. Here is the page for this week if you want to get started. You will be given a list of things to do, pages to print in order to get that notebook functional, and an area of the house to clean.

Today Hubby and I sat down and looked at my tentative work schedule and decided which days we would celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas.

It is our tradition to celebrate Thanksgiving on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I usually work the day before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day. That way my coworkers will have those days free, and I will have a better chance of having the days off I would like to have. Also it is a lot easier for the in-law families to have T-day without having to try and compete with us.

We celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. A little harder work this one out for work and family. We just do our best to get everyone together.

We talked about plans for a Christmas card, and this week I will review the address list. We will discuss other party plans and review the master gift list, deciding who we will include on the list and some general plans for gifts and budget some money for the holidays.

Holiday food is very important to us. We have a traditional menu for each of the holidays; each of the family members has a few special dishes. Sometimes they prepare the food themselves, but mostly I do the cooking. The older they get, the more they want to participate in the preparations.

This week the cleaning assignment is to clean and freshen the Front Porch. I'm hoping to squeeze in some cleaning in between work and Labor Day weekend plans. I need to paint the front door and replace the front door mat. I will review pictures from last year, and decide how this area will be decorated. I'd like to coordinate the plantings in the front porch area with the decorations, too. So I'll be reviewing and devising a planting schedule, too.

Seems like a lot to do, but spending a few minutes here and there, will make the holidays a lot less stressed.

No comments: