Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 Home Goals

A post on The Inspired Room was timely for me--with the granddog and grandcat and daughter/SIL moving out, our house is finally our own, for a while at least. I never say that with a sense of finality, because I don't ever want to close the door to my kids. They know they are always welcome for a visit or a stay if need be.
Do you sense some sadness? Yeah. A bit. Okay. A lot.
Thank heaven I have grandbuddy twice a week, and blessed Sunday dinners.
******
Anyway.
******
The 2011 Home Goals--
Per The Inspired Room:
1. "Say goodbye to the swine".
This refers to her hate of the paint colors she has currently. For me, that translates to changing the things that you dislike most about your house. And, wow, I'm gonna have to think about that a while. Cuz I really like my house.

2. "Make changes to how we use the space we have, so we can function more efficiently."
This one definitely applies to us. Our use of the house is changing--our daughter moved out, the cat with her, and grandbuddy is here two days a week. We have all ready moved his crib into the middlelittle bedroom with a rocker, (my childhood one)and my dad's little desk. We have plans for a daybed with a trundle for guests, and later, for big boys and girls that can sleep in a regular bed. We have plans to add a wall of storage with a desk for the sitting room as well.

#3. "Love living in our home."
No problem there. We love our home. I do think we would like to share our home more, though. Dinner parties, having friends over for a movie or a visit. More of an open door.

Yeah.

No comments: