I was going to write all about being stuck and not getting anything accomplished this last week, till I started pulling out my projects to photograph. Hey, I've done well this week! Hooray me!
1) dining chair kidney pillows--not started
2) Buchanan plaid table linens--not started
3) shift dress of patchwork pastel fabric--
I made this dress in a fit of feeling sorry for myself. I HAD to accomplish something. I had some patchwork madras fabric that had been languishing in the stash for lo, these many years (10. 15?) and a cute and quick dress pattern, McCall's 8108. It says on the front that it is a 3 hour dress, and I made it in 2 and a half hours. That included the cutting out, too! I used some bias binding I had in the stash, and I'm still not sure I like it. It needs some tweaking, which I will do this week.
4) make some progress on Chris's denim quilt
5) blue and rust quilt--not started, but have organized and ready to start
6) project improv block--finished!
7) tweak hem of fleece coat, also work on the neckline of a top that is too wide in the neck.
8) decided I needed a denim skirt for spring--McCalls 5431--ready for a start
9) Peter Easy vest, as inspired by Seigfried Farnon-- 7 inches completed. The Peter Easy Vest is chugging along. My secondary goal of learning to knit by scooping, not throwing, is doing well also. I even knit the other day without looking.
10) Grasshopper Twist socks--nearly finished turning the heel on sock #1.
11) Adult Tomten went to frog pond due to gauge problems. I think I should have used the 10.5 needles and not the 9's. I will restart it this week.
12) machine knitting charity hats--found a pattern, need to set up a permanent place for the knitting machine!
books charity coats for kids cooking craft room crafts decorating fall family family scrapbooking heritage fitness food garden gardening George goals grandbuddy hats health holiday grand plan home house idea knitting LollyChops movies organizing podcasts quilting reading recipe regaining the power of youth sewing snow trip TV website wedding weight loss work