Monday, December 28, 2009

Focus word for the New Year

Ali Edwards, one of the superstars of the scrapbooking world, picks a word to focus on for the new year. In 2007, it was peace. In 2009 it was nurture. But in 2008, it was vitality. She says:


Vitality is the state of being strong and active; energy.
Physically. Mentally. Spiritually. Creatively.
Here's to moving forward. To fullness of life. To you and yours.


I looked up the word vitality at dictionary.com:

1. exuberant physical strength or mental vigor: a person of great vitality.
2. capacity for survival or for the continuation of a meaningful or purposeful existence: the vitality of an institution.
3. power to live or grow: the vitality of a language.
4. vital force or principle


I especially like #2: "capacity. . .for the continuation of a meaningful or purposeful existence."
But I also like #1. "exuberant physical strength or mental vigor."
I like #3: power to live or grow.
I like Ali's term--"fullness of life".

Vitality. Yeah, I like it.

That blows my skirt up. Takes my breath away. Inspires me.

Vitality.

No comments: