Saturday, September 12, 2009

More Holiday Planning

This is from organizedchristmas.com, some of them I linked to before, but this is the home page with LOTS of planners. Here. Aren't they CUTE?!

Today I downloaded my xmas files from our old computer and organized them on my Mac.

I downloaded all the Holiday Grand Plan files from the organizedchristmas.com site and put them in a notebook. Plain and utilitarian.

Later this evening the hubby and I will sit down and look at the checklists of things we need to do and lists to make.
Computerize the xmas card list.
Decide if we're going to write a holiday letter or design a holiday card.
Visits we'll make for the holidays.
Parties to give over the holidays.
Menus for the parties.
Goodies for sharing/gifts.
Favorite meals for freezing ahead.
Long-term shopping list, so we don't have TONS of stuff to buy right at the holidays; on this list will be perishables as well as canned goods, linens/dishes, decorations.

According to the lists, I'll need to:
Clean the front porch, entry and living room. And apparently the front yard as well, which will include freshening plantings as needed.
Plan for decorating these areas during the holidays--that will include Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Expect to see a coat closet organization post.
Expect to see a post about sewing pillows for the living room.
Buy extra flour, sugar, shortening.
Make an extra meal for the freezer. (Expect to see a post about this.)
Develop ideas for gifts and decorations. (Expect to see a post about this.)
Order Xmas cards and address labels.
Print out checklists for weeks 1, 2, 3.
Make batch of Holiday Goodies. (Expect to see a post about this.)
Buy supplies for homemade gifts. (Expect to see a post about this.)
Buy extra battery for camera.



So, join me! I may not do it in order, and I may not do every week. Heck, I may even do two weeks at once, depending on how much work and other life things allow me. For me, doing this plan is an opportunity to clean my house and get it all organized for the New Year. Even though we just moved in a little over a year ago, there are still things I want to do organizational wise. And heaven knows, everything in my house could be CLEANER!

I can't decide if I want to do the CEO six week plan. It is the plan I usually do every year. And it may be too much to do both plans, work, take care of Hank and, well, etcetera. But I'm at least going to give the Grand Plan a stab.

No comments: