Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Last Week's Holiday Grand Plan Summary

From the long-term shopping list--I bought flour and sugar, and bought an eight cup clear glass serving bowl.

Cleaned the entry. The living room was cleaned the week before I started the plan and the rain has kept me from cleaning the front entry outside.

Bought extra flour and sugar; I have plenty of shortening for now.

Make an extra meal for the freezer. Today I made 12 cups of tomato sauce in the crockpot. I added the recipe to the main dish recipe page on my website--scroll to the bottom of that page. I'll serve this on pasta, as a sauce over calzone, and for pizza sauce.
I also had a roast, some of which Dear Husband cut into stew meat. I put it all in a crockpot with a can of Progresso cream of mushroom soup and a couple of teaspoonfuls of Worcestershire sauce, about half cup of red cooking wine, and a couple shakes of smoky hot sauce. I served the roast with potatoes and carrots. The stew meat got the predominance of the sauce, and I served it over egg noodles, with a green salad on the side. I made extra potatoes, and they ended up as mashed potatoes, which I served with a crockpot pork loin.

I made return address labels and I'm working on a Christmas card address list. Dear Husband wants to write a holiday letter.. For the return address labels, I went to the Microsoft Office Template page and searched for return address labels. This is what I picked, and after I downloaded it, I opened the file and added our return address. All I have to do is buy the blanks and print them out.

I printed out the Grand Plan checklists for weeks 1, 2, 3, and put together my notebook. And no, it wasn't a fancy schmancy one. I do enjoy looking at all the cute things other people have made, but the one I made for myself is very plain and very me.

Make batch of Holiday Goodies. I made a double batch of Snickerdoodles)

Buy supplies for homemade gifts. We want to make home made goodies of some kind to give. A few years ago we bought several dozen jelly jars and put red and green M&Ms in them. We put the M&M jars plus a few other goodies in brown paper sacks. I stenciled the sacks, folded the tops over, used a hole punch and punched a couple holes in the top, and tied them closed with a length of ribbon. I'm hoping to score some jelly jars off of craigslist.

No comments: