Friday, September 11, 2009

Is it time yet?

To start thinking about Christmas? Well, yes it is! In fact, according to my favorite Christmas organizing website, it's a lil' late! (Shoulda started the last week of August!) Luckily, I have the "bones", that is, the notebook, organized, and a basic knowledge of how the program is run. It really isn't too late to start, though, as the program only has you do small bites each week, so catching up on the first few weeks is not a problem. If you are just starting, I'd suggest you sit down and do the notebook and the paper planning and budgeting all in one fell swoop, over one week instead of 2-3 weeks.
This year I am going to follow the longer and more involved Holiday Grand Plan. I usually just do the six week "CEO Christmas Countdown", but this year I feel like I need to do the more detailed program.
I have been following the Holiday Grand Plan for as many years as it has been going, and that would make it seventeen years. I don't always follow it to the "T", but I use it to help me plan for Christmas shopping/cooking/decorating and getting my house cleaned. Making the notebook is about as fun as it gets; I even created some divider pages from my own graphics. There are plenty of printables on the organized christmas site, which make creating the notebook fast and easy.
This weekend I plan to update my notebook, and do all the paper planning and budgeting. I have a long weekend free, free, free from work, and hubby and I were intending to work on the budget this weekend anyway.
I will take pictures of my notebook when I've completed it and post so you can see what I've done. In the meantime, look at these planners:
Mission Inkpossible
The Inspiration Institute
Christmas Planner--don't miss this link--there are some really cute ideas here!

No comments: