What brand and model do you have?
1) Sears. old. 30+ years old.
2) Brother. Innov-is 1200. sewing and embroidery machine.
How long have you had it?
1) 30+ years
2) less than a month
How much does that machine cost (approximately)?
1) $350 brand new, 30 years ago.
2) $ an embarrassing amount.
What types of things do you sew (i.e. quilting, clothing, handbags, home dec projects, etc.)?
I sew everything. I quilt, make handbags, sew my own curtains, pillows, drapes, duvet covers, kitchen goods. I make clothes. I embroider. I even use it to sew paper crafts.
How much do you sew? How much wear and tear does the machine get?
I don't sew a LOT, maybe four hours a week.
Do you like/love/hate your machine? Are you ambivalent? Passionate? Does she have a name?
1) I like/love/hate my machine because it goes forward and backward. No name given, but she thinks her name is "Da**it!)
2) What's not to love? No hate yet. Her name is Precious.
What features does your machine have that work well for you?
1) what works well for me--what always has, it goes forward and backward.
2) embroidery. I am so looking forward to embroidering with this machine.
Is there anything that drives you nuts about your machine?
1) I can't find a good sewing machine repairman to fix it.
2) There's SO MUCH TO LEARN!
Do you have a great story to share about your machine (i.e., Found it under the Christmas tree? Dropped it on the kitchen floor? Sewed your fingernail to your zipper?, Got it from your Great Grandma?, etc.!)? We want to hear it!
1) bit me on the index finger.
2) I'm looking forward to the great stories with my new baby
Would you recommend the machine to others? Why?
1) no, not unless you are married to a sewing machine repairman.
2) yes. yes. yes
What factors do you think are important to consider when looking for a new machine?
Do you have a dream machine?
books charity coats for kids cooking craft room crafts decorating fall family family scrapbooking heritage fitness food garden gardening George goals grandbuddy hats health holiday grand plan home house idea knitting LollyChops movies organizing podcasts quilting reading recipe regaining the power of youth sewing snow trip TV website wedding weight loss work