Thursday, May 7, 2009

Waiting, Reading, Knitting

I have had a ton of time to read and knit due to being in Houston with my Dad at M. D. Anderson to get a second opinion about his cancer treatment. Lots and lots of waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

I finished the first Blossom Street book by Debbie Macomber, "The Shop on Blossom Street". Loved it. Not very deep, not much more than a romance novel, but it was perfect reading for the day. I picked up "Twenty Wishes", and am looking forward to zipping through it as well.

I finished "The Country Village Doctor" by Patrick Kelley. Lovely. Just lovely. I'll be looking for the third one in the series, the Christmas book.

And I finished reading "The Secret Garden" through DailyLit and loved it as usual. It is my favorite book, bet I've read it ten times. I read "Benjamin Button" through DailyLit, too and it was a bizarre but enjoyable little short story.

I'm working on "I Can Make You Thin" by Paul whatever. I'm not terrifically motivated to read it, I'll work on myself when we get home. I need to concentrate on my Dad now.

I finished the second sock. And I forgot the mitten book, so no progress on the mitten. But Peter Easy vest is moving along well.

Tomorrow we drive home. I'll spend lots of time listening to Dad's stories about growing up in Central Texas in the 1920's and 1930's and the rest of the time listening to my iPod. I loaded a bunch of stories by The Classic Tales Podcast, as well as some of regular favorites, such as Annie Smith--Quilting Stash, The Splendid Table, Cast On, CogKNITive, Classic Tales, CraftyPod, CraftLit, This American Life, Sew Forth Now, Ready Set Knit, Knitmoregirls, KnitPicks, etc.

No comments: