Monday, January 5, 2009

January Sewing Goals: Stash Contest at patternreview.com

New Year beginning for sewing--I joined the "Stash Contest" at patternreview.com. The rules state that the fabric has to have been in your stash for over five months, so I am thinking I will make up these two fabrics, but not in the pattern shown, but in some cute "little boy" shirts and shorts. It will be an easy dive back into sewing clothes.


I'd like to make a simple shift dress out of this material, not the shirt pattern shown:



And for the home decorating fabrics:

I want to make the Buchanan plaid into some table linens:


And I have some cinnamon velvet and striped fabric I want to make some kidney pillows for dining chairs. I think I have plenty of piping, need to look.

I'm sure I could think of some other things to whip up, but figure four projects in four weeks is all ready stretching it for me.

No comments: