Friday, January 23, 2009

Blown away!

During my daughter in law's pregnancy, I thought a bit about what Grandbuddy would look like. What we would do together. What it would feel like to be a grandmudder. As a newborn nurse, I've seen a "couple" newborns. I've seen the gamut of emotions and reactions from their parents and grandparents. But I never anticipated, no, not in a million years, what my reaction would be when I first met him.
When I saw him all swaddled in blankets, only his little face visible, my heart left my body in a giant WOOOOOSH. Stolen by that new little life.
I'm in love.

1 comment:

cjh said...

He is very cute and I'm excited for you and your family. Congratulations! And thanks for the compliments on my quilt, too. It is done now! I'll probably add pictures in a day or two. I am so excited but won't mention on my blog that now I am going to start a quilt for my first grandchild. She is due April 22, and my husband is building a crib for her! Anne and Matt know about the crib, but not the quilt. It's a secret quilt for now.