Thursday, December 25, 2008

Projects for the last week of the year

I have a few things to finish up, and a few things on the list to start.
I have one mitt to finish up for our friend K, and I want to finish sewing the edging for Hank's blanket. I have three handkerchiefs to embroider for Dearest One, and some yardage to make hankies for the boys. Dearest One asked for a hat, and I will make it in Jared Flood's "Turn a Square" hat, using some lovely oatmeal wool tweed yarn and leftovers from the SWS yarns I used for the Noro fingerless mitts. I also want to start another sweater for the grandbuddy, the Supernatural Stripes by Fawn Pea. I'll use some stashed yarn in woolease--denim for the body, cream tweed and rust tweed for the stripes. I'm not sure I have enough of the denim for the body and buttonbands, so I will play that by ear. I can use the rust tweed, which I have plenty of for those parts. I could use the rust for the body, but worried that it will be too bright. The denim is much more boyish anyway. Mom and Dad have plain and traditional tastes, and I think that combination will please them more.

No comments: