Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Forget that, or I'll get back in the box after New Year's

I was only kidding (myself) when I said I was going to get back in the (S.H.E.) box. NOW I'm thinking that re-starting my super organized way of life during the holidays was a joke. Ri-iii-ght. Especially cuz I got sick and was down with a mild fever and supermalaise. Signs of overdoing it.

Good news? The biopsies on the questionable moles came back benign or almost-benign. I'll have to go back in three months to have them checked again, just to make sure.

Now I'm feeling better. Lucky me. Just in time to go back to work. Lord, it's stressful there. (edited to remove rant about tax-break babies)
***
***
***
***
***
***
As I was saying. I'm feeling better. Lucky me. Lying around on the sofa or sleeping in the bed got really boring after two days. By the third day I was just angry at being sick. On the third day I redirected my frustrations into some good energy, knitting . I knitted completed three pairs of fingerless mitts. I think I'm finished with all four pair, but must have left one pair at work. If I lost the fourth pair, I'll have to knit another pair. Luckily, I can knit a pair in two nights.

I'm hoping to knit some more of Kristin's Winter Wonder Cloths. Two made, at least one more for a "set" for our dear L.

I finished the wellness (rice) bags (8) for heating in the microwave to lay on achy muscles. This was a really fun project, inspired by the rice heat therapy bag tutorial over at sew, mama, sew. (pictures to come--if we ever get enough picture-taking light--enough with the bad weather!)

I've also started some popcorn bibs for the DH. He's expressed some, okay, a LOT of, interest in popcorn gifts this year, and I thought this would be a cute idea. So, some white terry cloth, cut into a bib shape, a little doubled bias tape for ties, and maybe a little hand-embroidered applique.

Yesterday I had enough energy (hooray!) to sit at the sewing machine. I worked on making handkerchiefs. Today I'm planning to begin the embroidery process. Oooh, wish I had that fancy machine I have had my eye on. Woulda made some cute embroidery touches just like "*that*". But I am looking forward to doing some hand embroidery, haven't done it in years.

AND, I want to finish sewing Grandbuddy's blanket. It's kind of a bore, the machine is so loud I can't listen to music or podcasts. One side down, three sides to go.

No comments: