Monday, December 29, 2008

Barreling toward the end of 2008

I'm barreling down to the last days of the year. It has been such a great year, and I have so many things to be happy about and grateful for. Moving to a new house, our first grandchild will be here in February, my daughter's engagement. Everyone has jobs and all are in happy relationships. Everyone is well. My parents had a rocky year, but they are well now and independent.
The only thing I could be unhappy about is my weight/fitness. I don't have anyone to blame but myself, although it would be easy to blame my wacky hormones and working nights and the erratic sleeping and eating habits I must have due to working nights. There was still time to work out and time to cook. What was lacking was motivation and discipline. And for those I have no one or thing to blame but my own weak self. I plan to make better choices in 2009.
I'm still working on the resolutions for 2009. I will try to keep them general and concentrate on keeping the stress level down. With a new grandbaby and a wedding to plan, helping my parents and the continued stress of working nights in a stressful job, I feel that I need to keep things simple.

No comments: