Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oktoberfest

No, I didn't go to Oktoberfest. But I've been having a fest here in one way or another. Cleaning, cooking, sewing, knitting, reading, listening to podcasts, and enjoying my Netflix selections--it's been fun all the way!

Cleaning: oh, who wants to hear about that. Just sayin', I've been good.

Cooking/Baking: I made a German food dinner and asked some folks over. We did Brats, and used the potato salad included in this recipe, no cabbage; green beans, cucumbers in sour cream, sandwich rolls, rye bread, pickles, several kinds of mustard, German chocolate cake (purchased from the bakery) and a to-die-for Sour Cream Apple Pie from Alicia Paulson at Posie Gets Cozy.

Sewing: not a lot of this, but I sure have had fun LOOKING at my sewing! What I have done is some organizing and getting a physical queue set up on my sewing desk. Hoping to accomplish a lot this week.

Knitting: also not a lot of this going on either, but did do some updating in Ravelry and plan on finishing up the Cabled Boot Socks and make some little socks for the GrandBuddy in honor of Socktoberfest.

Reading: I am nearly finished with Animal Vegetable Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. Very inspiring, not necessarily opened my eyes, but certainly made me more determined to be a locavore. And although I have the DailyLit link up on my blog for "A Tale of Two Cities", the truth is, I have not read.one.word.of.it. Hoping to BE SMART and knit on the Baby Surprise Jacket and read this DAILY. Sheesh. The truth is, I've been cruising around on the internet WA-AY too much. And not doing much of anything else.

Podcasts: I've never talked about my podcasts and my beloved iPod on the blog ever, but this is a huge part of my life. Driving to and from work, cleaning house and walking the dog/exercising--I spend at least eight hours a week listening to podcasts. I would say that right now, "This American Life", "craftmentality", and "Sew Forth Now" are my three favorites.

Netflix: This week I finished watching the first season of Project Runway. Good, good, good. And I am so looking forward to the final Project Runway, Season 5, this week. And reading Project Rungay is the perfect compliment to the show. I have spent my "WA-AY too much time on the internet" due to this show and cruising around looking at designers' shows and shopping for things I will never ever have the money for. But it's been fun. Very fantasy based for me. Seriously time to move forward. Into reality.

No comments: