Sunday, August 10, 2008

My less than once a month post

Well, I was thinking that about once a month posting was bad, but now we're almost at once per two months. Ugh. I know I can do better. Many times over the last two months, I'd think, I should work on my blog. But I'd need to take pictures, and the camera battery would be dead, or it wouldn't charge, or I'd be busy with work, or some other excuse. I've been busy, that's true.
HOUSE AND GARDEN:We're so happy and so INTO the house. We are still pinching ourselves and each other because we can't believe we're here. I promise I'll start taking pictures and posting them. I love my house and garden. I love to putter in the yard, planting and trimming and plotting what I'm going to do next.
WORK:continues to be stressful. We always seem to be running like crazy, our walk-in population has increased so much, and mostly they haven't had prenatal care or don't care for themselves and their baby as the insuranced crowd does. So the babies are quite often sick and require a lot of care and extra attention. I don't mind being in charge, and it seems like I've been doing it a lot. Only a few of us will do charge, because I work with a bunch of princesses who won't. Sigh.
KNITTING AND SEWING: Since I found out that I have a grandbaby on the way, I've been knitting various things, such as
hats:

the lil' punkin


the lil' tomato


the lil' devil

I've also knit a blanket, and I'm currently working on an EZ sweater in forest green acrylic/wool. I don't have pictures of either of those, yet.

The Secret of the Stole I (Guinevere) is nearly finished. I'm well pleased with the gray color I chose as most of the theme is of a sword. Here's what the edge looks like, with a picture of my pink marksalot that I use to mark off the finished rows.


I'd like to participate in the next Secret of the Stole (III), and it starts on August 15th. I haven't swatched or anything, but think I will use the white laceweight I bought a few months back for another shawl knitalong that crashed and burned.

I have a few things in mind to sew for the baby, but need to organize and peruse my forlorn fabrics first and try to use up some of what I have. That is on the project list for this week.

1 comment:

Nautical Knitter said...

Good luck with the Secret of the Stole III, 2 days and counting...

Congratulations on being nearly finished with Guinevere. Great Job!