Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Keep on keepin' on

It's been a flurry of looking at houses and being disappointed. Either the house that we're looking at has a fatal flaw or it has a contract on it. We even looked at a house that had been on the market for FIVE MONTHS, and the very day we looked at it, someone else placed a contract on it. Geez.

The inspection was done yesterday and they stayed nearly 4 hours. The inspector dude was sorta twitchy and I suspect not just a little OCD. Good for them, not so good for us. Although Dear Husband and I both are certain that there are no major flaws, and if there are any minor flaws, we are unaware of them. And what the inspector finds and what Sweet Young Couple wants repaired, well, we can negotiate and make everyone happy.

Sweet Young Couple--Dude was here, and very chatty and just as sweet as ever. Love the guy. Want to adopt him. Sweet Young Couple--Dudette wants to come over late in the week and chat about the garden, etc. Which is fine by me. I love the house and I want them to love it as much as we do.

Realtor Guy is going to take me to see another three houses this morning

******

Finished the Red Scarf. Finished another whole repeat of the lace shawl. The border I plan to do will add about another ten inches to the width, and although it is small, I do intend for it to be a shawlette, not a shawl, which would need to be at least 60 inches wide. So I'm hoping it will be a finished object in the next few days.

No comments: