Monday, April 21, 2008

On the Needles and In My Mind (or is that Out of My Mind)

I can't find my durn camera cord to download pictures. I've probably packed it away somewhere where I just knew I would find it. Jeez. So I will just go ahead and post and not worry about photos now.

I just couldn't live without my yarn, and dearest husband took me to the storage building and we brought one tub home. I think there is another, smaller, tub, but for now I am thrilled to have me things around me.
Update:
Pram Jacket: still requires finishing.
Red Scarf: just need to do the garter stitch edging, about six inches.
Men's Cabled Socks: about two inches on sock #1.
Secret of the Stole--Guinevere: I am about 2/3 of the way through Clue #6.
Lily's polka dot stuff--I've nearly finished three washcloths.
Mystery Shawl: It turns out that it is too big of a mystery for me. I hate being grumpy about this, but there have been numerous changes and advice from too many people and trying to find the correct information has been the biggest mystery of all. I tried three times to start this one off, and just can't get it. I think the biggest problem for me is that it is not LACE KNITTING, but KNITTED LACE. So that means that the stitch pattern is on the right and wrong side, and Lord have mercy, I just don't have the patience or experience for it. I like lace knitting, in that you get to "rest" on the wrong side by doing simple purl stitches.
So I have all this beautiful cream and forest green laceweight and I will definitely be doing some projects out of it. The search for a new pattern has been intriguing, especially trying to find a project that will use the beautiful beads I purchased. I'm thinking about "Kiri" mostly, but a few others as well.
I have been smitten by mittens, too. My favorites on Ravelry are loaded with beautiful mittens. I am torn, though, as I want to knit mittens for my family, but I know if they wash the mittens, they will be ruined if I make them in wool. Wool is so beautiful, though, and acrylic is just so, well, ugh-ly. But practical. I'm thinking of just ordering a skein of each color in Red Heart Sport $1.85 for 165 yards) and then just playing my little heart out. I've also got my eyes on KnitPicks Palette yarn($1.79 for 231 yards). It is fingering, which will require more yarn for each project, but gorgeous colors and it is wool. And comparable in price to the Red Heart Sport.
I've also been going crazy over doilies. Yes, doilies. Now I know I'm old. It feels so funny to be drooling over damn doilies. Never thought it would happen to me. Herbert Niebling. What can I say. I am in love with Egleblad.

No comments: