Saturday, January 5, 2008

Finished a book AND a sweater

Finished the Wonderful Wallaby, will catch up with a picture later. Not too sure I like the final result. Hence no pictures. Using denim Woolease, I knitted k1,p1 ribbing of about ten rows, and knitted a purl row for turning. I folded the ribbing at the purl row and sewed it to the hood edge. Looks nice. But. It ends a little oddly at the neck. The obvious fix was some ties, so I halved the denim yarn I had left and knitted some short ties of garter stitch. That's what doesn't look so right. It needs to have I-cord ties, I think. I will stew on it a day or two, look for instructions, and tear it all out and have another go at it.

Also finished a book--"Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen. Good book, very easy to read. It's a really odd storyline--kid in veterinary school, parents die in tragic car accident and leave him penniless, he joins the circus (huh?) and tells his story as an elderly man in the nursing home. Love his descriptions of the old man. This book is nothing brilliant, but definitely fell under the "gripping" category. I had trouble putting it down and couldn't wait to get back to it.

Started knitting on Moderne Baby Blanket again for B's baby. Miles and miles of garter stitch.

No comments: