Monday, January 21, 2008

Birthday for the Big Girl

Wonderful dinner last night at the house with the family to celebrate Dear Daughter's 27th birthday. We ate "bad", but the food was so good! Hubby did bacon wrapped shrimp, steaks and chicken on the grill. I made augratin potatoes and a salad, and a simple cherry cake for the birthday girl.
It was wonderful to see all the kids, and to hear all their goings-on. We're so blessed to have such a great relationship with each of our kids and their significant others.
Daddy brought over the genealogy books that he has been working on for the past ten years. He contributed about a third to a half of each of the books, and it was very gratifying and absolutely intriguing to read old letters, wills, and etc.
Mother and Daddy looked well, and they were both pretty animated last night. Mom's radiation is over half finished, and she is very tired, but that is to be expected.
We continue to keep a lookout for a new house, and Dearest One thinks he has found "the" house. He is to contact our real estate agent today and try to make an appointment to see it soon.
Knitting going slowly, what with the preparations for the birthday party, but mostly because of the work on the house. Painting, packing, planning, etc., takes a lot of time. I will not have the Moderne Baby Blanket ready for the shower this coming weekend. I should have it ready by the time the baby is born on February 22, though.
After I found out about google books, I was poking around at Ravelry in my books group, YarnWords, and came across a thread about reading books online. Links to several websites were given, including dailylit.com, Project Gutenberg and the Online Books Page. I spent several hours just cruising around on the sites, and I signed up to receive daily reads for Persuasion by Jane Austen. I'm also reading Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriett Beecher Stowe, but online, to see what suits me better. I love being able to read and knit at the same time.

No comments: