Monday, July 30, 2007

A lil' bit o' this, a lil' bit o' that and a long lovely week off

Well, close to a week anyway--after I've slept half a day today and half a day on Friday, it'll be a blessedly long period of time off of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I plan to use the time to my best advantage. I need to update my blog and make some changes to the website. I promised the beloved daughter-in-law that I would help her on Wednesday with graphics and mailers and a flyer for her budding art glass business. Another friend of ours helped us with the address label, and with my start and his end, we have come up with a lovely little creation.
Realtor Friend is coming over tonight to look at the house and give us a punch list of things to do to fix up the house to get it sale ready, which will necessitate a reworking of the Excel spreadsheet Husband and I made to help organize the Getting Ready to Sell The House project.
In support of the Getting Ready to Sell the House project, I want to go through every closet, every drawer, and every nook and cranny in the house and donate, throw out, or box up all the stuff I can this week. I know I will have to do it again before we put the house on the market. I don't anticipate completing this project this week, but I can at least start.
I want to finish some of the knitting projects I have started, especially since I started another project yesterday, and I am embarrassed that I have so many things on the needles. I plan to finish knitting the Pram Coat and sew it together, finish the blanket for the baskets our department will sell to benefit the North Texas Food Bank, and continue to make headway on the new project--a little red scarf for the Red Scarf Project. And of course, I still want to make a few layettes for the nursery for our not so fortunate moms, and a few pretty gowns/blankets for the fetal demises.
I want to explore the possibility of having weekly knitting sessions at work for Antepartum. I need to find a contact person this week.
Husband is trying to roll out a project through his Rotary club. They hope to provide new coats for over 70 needy children at a local elementary school. Even in Texas, it gets down in the 30's and 40's many mornings, and many impoverished children walk up to two miles to school without a coat. (The state of Texas says you have to live farther than two miles from your school before you are eligible to ride the bus.) Thinking of a little six year old walking that far in the cold makes me want to cry!
I plan to call a friend from work that has been out sick for ages and have lunch with a few friends.

No comments: